[WikiEN-l] WP:BLP and George M. von Furstenberg

Molu loom91 at yahoo.com
Mon May 29 09:21:47 UTC 2006

We can't do that really. Just drop the person a polite note explaining that while we respect his right to privacy, we are an encyclopedia and it's our job to provide information. It is unfortunately not possible for us to remove verifiable information based on such considerations. This is a sensitive issue and care needs to be taken. But ultimately, we really can't put the interests of the subject over those of the encyclopedia.

  Molu

    On Sun, 28 May 2006 20:44:50 -0700 (PDT) Joseph Hiegel wrote:

>Yesterday a user posted to ANI requesting that excisions be made from the >edit history of a biographical article in order that information troubling to the >subject should be removed.
  <snip>