[WikiEN-l] Artists' impressions

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat May 20 00:57:14 UTC 2006

Erik Moeller wrote:

>As for WP:NOR, you could make the argument about any original creation
>by Wikipedians. We do not. What matters more, especially in the case
>of living people, is that the original creations are generally
>considered to be good, encyclopedic and useful.

We do not condone verbatim copying of of someone else's writings if that
would be a copyright violation; instead we want people to put the
information in their own words.

Why should the situation be any different for images.  Only the medium
is changed.  The distinction is between original research and original
expression.

Ec