[WikiEN-l] How to become wiki-notable

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Thu May 11 10:03:17 UTC 2006

On Thu, 11 May 2006 11:42:18 +0200, you wrote:

>Sure, if I was born to Princess Di, I probably wouldn't have to do
>anything at all. But from where I am now, what's the shortest road to
>doing something worthy enough to get a whole article about me? For a
>verifiable source I would need to publish something, or be published
>about (hmm...I've been quoted in two academic papers, and wrote
>something for a published book). I'd probably need newspaper articles
>written about me.

Hard to say.  I've been features in the Times Educational Supplement,
interviewed on BBC Radio a couple of times, been invited to contribute
to a Government policy review, had an Early Day Motion placed in
parliament, been seen on TV (once), and had many letters published in
the press (including the British Medical Journal) or read out on the
radio.  And I would say that [[WP:HOLE]] applies in my case.  You need
to be more notable than that :-)

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk