[WikiEN-l] We need a policy against vote-stacking

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu May 4 01:12:10 UTC 2006

On 5/4/06, Ben McIlwain <cydeweys at gmail.com> wrote:
> That would take weeks, and by then the vote-stackers have long gotten
> away with it.

Eventualism has much to recomend it.

> And I don't think vote-stacking is too subjective.  If
> you see someone recruiting votes, deal with them.  It's pretty simple.

Great so AFD becomes the sole relm of those who hang out there all the
time. I think not. By the sandard you have just used I should have
been blocked for informing people about arbcom elections.

> As an update to the situation, the two users I blocked have been
> unblocked, but hopefully they are not going to keep on vote-stacking.
> Meanwhile, a third user has already started vote-stacking the DRV so I
> blocked him ... I imagine the same admin is going to revert me on that
> too, though.  This is getting ridiculous.  Our very system of how we
> make decisions is under attack and I'm trying to do something about it
> and meeting resistance.
>
> - --
> Ben McIlwain ("Cyde Weys")

That would be becuase you are attacking the way we make decisions. I'm
sure you know how to propose new policy.

--
geni