[WikiEN-l] Exit Interview -- Jon Awbrey

Jesse W jessw at netwood.net
Fri Jun 30 01:53:19 UTC 2006

On Jun 28, 2006, at 7:26 PM, Jon Awbrey wrote:
> o~~~~~~~~~o~~~~~~~~~o~~~~~~~~~o~~~~~~~~~o~~~~~~~~~o
> In a way you are correct, since the things that I have identified so
> far
> are only the more superficial symptoms of a condition
Ah; we agree - the things you have identified so far are *not the real
problem*.  But you haven't yet (at least not in mail that has reached
me) said what the real, central, most important "condition" IS.  I, for
one, would really like to know.

Historically, the typical ones have been 1) Wikipedia is too leveling -
i.e. to work on Wikipedia you have to deal with too many idiots. 2)
Wikipedia is secretly run by some evil group. 3) Something else.  I
suspect your view of the problem is more in the direction of the first
one, but I'd really like to hear it directly from you.  I've asked for
this before, as anyone reviewing this thread can easily observe.

Jesse Weinstein

P.S.
> that I don't think
> is likely to improve a bit under this regime of defensiveness and
> denial.
You may be right, but getting a clear statement of just *what* you
think the "condition" is into the archives is a good thing anyway.