[WikiEN-l] Spoiler Boilerplates

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 21:29:35 UTC 2006

On 6/23/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> The cases that bug me more are long books, where knowing the ending
> would really put you off reading it. Or certain films like Fight Club,
> the Sixth Sense, Unbreakable etc...it's not so much "knowing how the
> film ends", but "knowing the secret that totally changes your
> interpretation of the film".

Given that the consensus forming around the new fiction MoS guideline
(can't recall what the exact name was) to reduce plot summary in favor
of more real-life information, this should begin to be less of a
problem.  Certainly, even for something like the Sixth Sense, it
should be possible to discuss casting, production, critical reception,
and so forth without needing to reveal anything; only the section
dealing with the plot itself -- and possibly only a part of that --
would be eligible for these tags.

--
Kirill Lokshin