[WikiEN-l] Exit Interview -- Jon Awbrey

Dabljuh dabljuh at gmx.net
Sun Jun 18 17:14:20 UTC 2006

Obviously, this is just a disruptive user disappointed he could
not get Wikipedia to work the way he wanted.

Oh, 6000 mainspace edits. That of course changes everything.
Obviously, this is a responsible editor and we must investigate
why he is disappointed with working in Wikipedia.

And that's right after I point out (and get ad hominem'd for it)
that social networking is more important than having a high
edit count, and that having a high edit count is more important
than being a responsible journalist / scholar observing policy,
when it comes to being successful inside Wikipedia. I.e. being
able to contribute to the "Encyclopedia" without being harassed
or even forcefully removed by powerful factions that happen to
share a different POV.

To the "upper management" of Wikipedia:
Please, take these problems serious and act. Not doing so will
simply make Wikipedia lose more and more good editors.