[WikiEN-l] No big deal?

Mark Gallagher m.g.gallagher at student.canberra.edu.au
Thu Jun 15 02:56:46 UTC 2006

G'day Guy,

> Just when you think you've seen it all...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_adminship/Herostratus
<snip/>
> Others think that his use of non-standard warnings means he doesn't
> take vandalism seriously enough (does every admin have to be at the
> forefront of the fight against vandalism?)
>
> I can understand people choosing not to vote for admins they don't
> admire, but opposing on these weird grounds is... well, weird.

Heck, using non-standard warnings (albeit perhaps not as flowery as the
one cited) is something to be admired, not complained about.

We use the {{testN}} series far too often, and in cases where it's
inappropriate.  Admins being willing to think for themselves and treat
the people they speak to as human beings is a Good Thing.

--
Mark Gallagher
"What?  I can't hear you, I've got a banana on my head!"