[WikiEN-l] Delete Daniel Brandt

maru dubshinki marudubshinki at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 18:53:25 UTC 2006

On 6/11/06, Oskar Sigvardsson <oskarsigvardsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I respectfully disagree. What happened to Phil shouldn't come with the
> territory of being an admin on a website.
>
> I sympathize with Phil, I really do, but the thing is that the reason
> governments never negotiate with terrorists isn't of some abstract
> philosophical reason, it's because it doesn't work.
>
> Suppose Brandt took down his Hive Mind page in return for us deleting
> the article. Do you think that he would stop posting stuff at
> wikipedia review? Do you think he would stop investigating admins and
> inciting other people to harass them? I doubt it.
>
> Even if we could somehow stop Brandt (which I think is HIGHLY
> doubtful, he won't change his mind and he won't change the subject, if
> you know what I mean), pulling down his page will only serve as an
> invite for the next guy. And the next guy. And the next guy.
>
> This would simply not work.
>
> --Oskar

Agreed. From what I understand of Brandt's views, nothing less than
our public and prominent shutdown would ever truly satisfy him. Have
you read his reasoning and screeds about aliiances between Google and
Wikipedia and Wikipedia mirrors and how vandalism and bad articles
will never die (and other foolishness like that)? It seems to me that
he sees himself as having been permamently wronged, and that our
entire project is antithetical to his beliefs.

~maru