[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Steve Block steve.block at myrealbox.com
Mon Feb 27 17:09:59 UTC 2006

Fred Bauder wrote:
> I think we need to adopt standards of what is an acceptable source
> which is in accord with the nature of the subject. In this case, it
> is not going to be a book published by the Oxford University Press,
> blogs may have to serve, as well as comixs websites. The alternative
> is to drastically trim our popular culture coverage, which is one of
> the bright spots of Wikipedia, if sometimes considered eccentric and
> unscholarly.

There's actually enough sources out there on webcomics that we shouldn't
need to go to blogs to source statements.  There's ImageText for
starters, The Comics Jouanal, IJOCA, Journal of Popular Culture should
have stuff in them, check the comics research bibliography,
http://rpi.edu/~bulloj/comxbib.html - Sabin's written on comics on the
web for example, or a quick ask on the comics scholars mailing list
could probably turn you up quite a few more sources.

Steve block