[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's destiny

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Feb 27 16:05:56 UTC 2006

David Gerard wrote:

>>"If you have an idea that you think should become part of the corpus of
>>knowledge that is Wikipedia, the best approach is to arrange to have
>>your results published in a peer-reviewed journal or reputable news
>>outlet, and then document your work in an appropriately non-partisan
>>manner."
>>

>    http://www.english.ufl.edu/imagetext/
>
>See what I mean about the dangers of reasoning from personal
>ignorance? Now I eagerly await objections that don't boil down to "but
>webcomics are worse for Wikipedia than Pokemon."

Assuming that was directed at me, then I'm not sure what you mean about
"the dangers of reasoning from personal ignorance".  I was arguing
against the general principle that we ought to write novel histories in
cases where existing ones don't exist.  If in this particular case one
does exist, then of course that doesn't apply.

-Mark