[WikiEN-l] Arbcom has completely lost its mind

Jonathan dzonatas at dzonux.net
Thu Feb 9 16:33:51 UTC 2006

To even consider that the guidelines are draconian also implies that
they have been tried before. The question is that do such ideas work.
The reply obviously is not everybody agrees that they work, and they
don't want to go backwards repeat history.

We need new ideas and new systems developed to handle information
without censorship and to put a definite bounds on "disreputable," as it
(by past experience) may deemed to mean one thing or another thing from
time to time. It is a decision by ArbCom, but it is not stable in
implementation.