[WikiEN-l] Wheel warring

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 09:21:51 UTC 2006

On 2/7/06, Philip Welch <wikipedia at philwelch.net> wrote:
> 2. Any administrator who reverses another administrator's use of
> admin powers without any discussion shall be desysopped immediately
> without further review.

"Without further review" is unclear to me - you mean that the
desysopping takes place immediately (sounds ok), or that there is no
potential for review of this action afterwards (sounds like trouble).

> 4. Administrators desysopped under this policy must wait three months
> before starting the process to regain admin status.

Sounds unnecessarily harsh. Maybe first-time offence warrants a one
week a suspension, then subsequent offences give the treatment you
suggest?

Any chance of sysop suspensions for blatant breaches of policy? Eg,
protecting pages you're working on, blocking users for personal
disagreement, etc...

Steve