[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l Digest, Vol 31, Issue 40

Pedro Sanchez pdsanchez at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 20:21:44 UTC 2006

> Message: 9
> Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:25:43 -0500
> From: The Cunctator <cunctator at gmail.com>
> Subject: [WikiEN-l] What to do
> To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at wikipedia.org>
>
> I don't think this rises to an ArbCom situation, but I'm not sure what
> the current mores are on Wikipedia. I put something relatively rude on
> my userpage (I put up a version of the "Counter Vandalism Unit"
> userbox with the text "The Cunctator is a non-member of the Retarded
> Fascism Unit").
>
> Drini removed the box without any warning or discussion.
>
> I put it back, asking him not to edit my page.
>
> Drini removed the box again without any warning or discussion.
>
> I put it back, leaving a message at his user_talk asking him not to
> edit my page and to discuss the matter at my user_talk page, and
> protected my userpage.
>
> Drini removed the box again without any warning.
>
> I don't really mind, but my understanding is that Drini's actions were
> rude as well. I'd like to be able to express my opinions on my
> homepage with a reasonable lack of censorship.

ok, let's get things straight:
1. I did remove the rude userbox  21:13, 4 February 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User%3AThe_Cunctator&diff=38194710&oldid=38072376

2. Then you put it back: 19:50, 5 February 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User%3AThe_Cunctator&diff=38349522&oldid=38194710

3. And left the note on my page:  20:01, 5 February 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk%3ADrini&diff=38351177&oldid=38346457

4: I proceeded to remove it again... 20:53, 5 February 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User%3AThe_Cunctator&diff=38358855&oldid=38349522

5. ...explaining VERY politely my reasons on his talk page 20:59, 5
February 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk%3AThe_Cunctator&diff=38359688&oldid=38333073

6. Then he puts it back: 03:45, 6 February 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User%3AThe_Cunctator&diff=38411699&oldid=38358855
(and he never replied me back)

(....) fast forward

7.  He puts a less rude version 15:11, 6 February 2006 :
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:The_Cunctator&diff=next&oldid=38425655
and even though he namecalls me a jerk

8. He apologizes later 15:17, 6 February 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk%3ADrini&diff=38469269&oldid=38351177

I'm sorry if I came as rude, and I didn't mean to editwar. I was just
being firm in that such namecalling was uncalled for.

For the record I also commented what I was doing on WP:AN/I:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia%3AAdministrators%27_noticeboard%2FIncidents&diff=38433635&oldid=38433480
which by he way, was inmediately attacked by several new accounts.
Well, that's what happened.