[WikiEN-l] A novel policy interpretation

Sherool jamydlan at online.no
Mon Feb 6 15:02:50 UTC 2006

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 16:02:14 +0100, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> [[WP:AN]] currently contains this announcement:
>
> "The userbox Template:User pedophile [...] is a great way of
> identifying those users who consider themselves to be pedophiles. I
> plan on indefinitely blocking any user who includes this template.
> I've already blocked the only user to include this template [...]
> Wikipedia has no obligation to permit deviants to edit. If a someone
> has sexual thoughts about children, keep it to yourself and stay off
> Wikipedia. I can't even imagine the PR nightmare that the Wikimedia
> Foundation would face if articles were being written by
> self-identified pedophiles."
>
> I can just tell this one's going to be a fun argument to watch.

"Fun" indeed, this aparently got so bad than Jimbo temporarily de-sysoped
no less than 5 admins for "wheel warring" (enter blocking and unblocking
users and other admins or deleting and undeleting the template), one wich
wich aparently descided to quit in protest.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard#Desysoppings>.
Not something you see every day...

I do hope people have cooled off after a good nights sleep.

--
[[User:Sherool]]