[WikiEN-l] Worst. Userbox. Ever.

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sun Feb 5 22:15:03 UTC 2006

MacGyverMagic/Mgm (macgyvermagic at gmail.com) [060206 09:08]:

> We already have a stupidity patrol. Appeal to Jimbo if things get out of
> hand.

The stupidity is created by a massively parallel process; it needs to be
dealt with by one too. Remember that our page hits went up 50% in January
alone.

A lot of it is newbies coming along and going through bad ideas that the
wiki's been through several times already; pointing out why things are a
bad idea seems to be what's missing. They REALLY DON'T KNOW THE IDEAS ARE
STUPID if someone doesn't tell them. (And often even if they do, but
anyway.)

- d.