[WikiEN-l] Should we be declaring war on vandals?

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 00:54:33 UTC 2006

On 2/4/06, Chris Jenkinson <chris at starglade.org> wrote:
> The Cunctator wrote:
> > [[User:Cool Cat]].
>
> One person? It seems a more productive path would be to discuss it on
> his talk page rather than discussing it behind his back on the mailing
> list - as far as I know, he's not subscribed.

He's the person who founded the "Counter Vandalism Unit", so his
attitudes are influential.

He wrote on my talk page: "Are you sure you are worthy of admin tools
(strictly judging from your incivil and rather annoying attitude here
at wikipedia and on the mailing list). I DOnt believe if you had an
RfA now it would have passed."

So it's evident he's aware of the mailing list, if not participating
in it. I've left a message on his talk page.

Judging by the comments he left me, I have trouble seeing how a
one-on-one conversation would be constructive, but I'm certainly
willing to try.