[WikiEN-l] The Counter Vandalism Unit? Whaa?

Nick Boalch n.g.boalch at durham.ac.uk
Fri Feb 3 12:40:14 UTC 2006

Steve Bennett wrote:
> If semi-protection stops vandalism happening in the first place, great!

With all due respect, that's a stupid position. By logical extension of
it we'd semi-protect all articles. Then we'd notice that vandalism still
happened, so we'd fully protect all articles ('great, it stops vandalism
happening in the first place!').

Page protection of any kind is against what the whole project stands
for. It's a *necessary* evil, but people need to remember that it's
still evil.

Cheers,

N.

--
Nicholas Boalch
School of Modern Languages & Cultures       Tel: +44 (0) 191 334 3456