[WikiEN-l] The boundaries of OR (contd)

Stan Shebs stanshebs at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 28 06:07:21 UTC 2006

Marc Riddell wrote:
> Stan,
>
> Every single thing you've said here is a reason not to act. Are you content
> with the way things are now as pertains to User Pages?

Well sure. You were the one that was complaining. :-) To be less flip
and deftly tie back to original topic, our basic structure is built
around the idea that the identity of editors doesn't matter, because all
we're doing is copying facts and theories from authoritative sources. A
team of high-schoolers working together should eventually produce the
same featured article that a Nobelist could. We still like to have
experts, because the expert could likely write the FA in one sitting
before breakfast, where for the high-schoolers it would be months of
hard work to get to the same place, but that's just a matter of efficiency.

I learn what I really need to know about an editor by reviewing
contribution history and a sampling of diffs. A fertile field for
psychologists in fact, I hypothesize that much about an editor's
personality could be learned from analysis of the edit pattern.

Stan