[WikiEN-l] CSD A7

Gurch matthew.britton at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 26 22:48:44 UTC 2006

Jeff Raymond wrote:
> James Hare wrote:
>
>> We should do what we already do -- speedy delete those that fail to even
>> assert notability, and PROD those that are non-notable despite assertion. If
>> the PROD is removed, then AFD is necessary simply because it makes us look
>> good. Assume good faith across the board.
>
> I've long-advocated just turning CSD A7 into a prod.  Prod's obviously
> working on the ones that are speedy candidates but get prodded instead...
>
> -Jeff

By and large, yes. Were it not for the need to keep complete nonsense
and vandalism out, one could almost do away with speedy deletions
altogether. Of course if that happened, an equally complex set of
guidelines for closing PRODs would quickly be formulated.

I do recall one time that an article was speedy tagged, the speedy tag
was changed to a PROD, the prod was contested, and the resulting AfD was
closed early with a consensus to speedy delete. I suppose it could have
been worse; at least nobody started a DRV...

-Gurch