[WikiEN-l] CSD A7

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Tue Dec 26 22:23:53 UTC 2006

Gurch wrote:

> Though I probably go beyond the boundaries of CSD A7 in cases where,
> really, I think it merits it, I do try to take the criterion literally
> as far as possible, and PROD things that contain an assertion of
> notability even if it isn't an acceptable one.

Please, stop.  No, seriously, stop.  If you're speedying articles that
don't meet the criteria, stop.

> Having the article sit there doing nothing for five days isn't too bad.
> Sometimes, though, the prod tag gets removed, at which point I have to
> make a procedural listing at AfD and reset the five-day countdown to
> when the article can go, which does make me wonder if it's really worth
> it.

Discussion isn't bad.  Take a look at PRODSUM in any regard: items that
could be speedied are not having their prods removed, and if it becomes
an issue, we can try and change prod a bit.

> On the other hand, quite a few get speedied by another administrator
> shortly after I've PRODded them -- in which case I've wasted time and
> may as well just have disposed of it myself. So perhaps for that reason
> alone we should either change A7 or agree to stick to it; I don't know.

I'd like to see a good faith effort by admins to not speedy articles
with prod on them in the cases of notability, but I may be asking a lot.
  That's one of the most frustating things I see when doing a PRODSUM
checkup, redlinks because people couldn't bother to wait.

-Jeff

--
Name: Jeff Raymond
E-mail: jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
WWW: http://www.internationalhouseofbacon.com
IM: badlydrawnjeff
Quote: "As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the
	Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else."
	- Sen. Rick Santorum on the war in Iraq.