[WikiEN-l] The boundaries of OR (contd)

charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 20 19:52:41 UTC 2006

Guy Chapman wrote

> On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:42:05 -0600, Rich Holton <richholton at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >The NOR policy section Sarah quoted tells those
> >people that their talents are not valued here.
>
> The problem here is that we cannot tell the difference between an
> expert and an "expert", and we don't necessarily know if the editor is
> pushing a personal agenda.

You don't. But starting off with an overly suspicious attitude is fairly useless, also. In the perspective that Wikipedia articles aim to get readers up to speed quickly in an unfamiliar area, rather than be definitive or authoritative, a certain amount should be taken on (provisional) trust.

Charles