[WikiEN-l] Main Page Featured Article

Ligulem ligulem at pobox.com
Tue Dec 19 10:47:17 UTC 2006

NSLE (Wikipedia) wrote:
> ...  I've
> suggested perhaps substituting the templates before they become TFA (and
> re-transcluding after), but do the other list readers have any solution?

If you want have a rock stable unvandalizeable article page, you could
copy/paste the complete wiki-source content of the article into
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:ExpandTemplates and copy/paste the
expanded result back to the article and protect it (don't forget to
specify the article title on Special:ExpandTemplates).

The resulting "transclusion free" article then depends on nothing else
but the images.

At least this would correctly "subst" every template, also those using
parser functions (#if & Co).

Just note though that the resulting version can only serve as temporary
throw-away "viewing only" page, as that should be reverted back to the
non-expanded version before further development (I mean further editing).

--Ligulem