[WikiEN-l] Legacy non-free images (non-commercial, non-third-party use, etc)

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 20:53:36 UTC 2006

On 12/17/06, Bogdan Giusca <liste at dapyx.com> wrote:
> There are some old images (pre-2005) which were uploaded before we had
> some clear rules on free images and do not allow commercial use,
> third-party use, cannot be modified or have other restrictions.
>
> Some are replaceable, some are not. I propose that we should put a
> bot to replace those tags with "fairuse" and the images which
> are replaceable should be deleted, while the rest should be kept as
> fairuse.

People have already gone through the non-commercials and such
previously and changed all the ones they thought could be validly
claimed as fair use as fair use.

Of course it's possible that some were missed.. but I'd much rather
have some sitting around as non-commerical than have a bunch
incorectly switched to fair use.