[WikiEN-l] Non-stupid WikiEN-l thread - Edition 4 I think

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 16:19:21 UTC 2006

On 15/12/06, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:

> In light of petty squabbles, I decided to bring back the non-stupid thread
> fad.
> - What is your favorite article on Wikipedia, and why?

My own favourite is [[Xenu]]. It was the numbah one source during Tom
Cruise's public meltdown in 2005. And for obvious reasons, it's
referenced to the hilt.

> - If there was an article you'd love to see become FA, which one and why?

FAC now seriously considers defeaturing articles because their
references aren't in whatever is the current fashion on FAC; I feel
the point is being lost somewhere.

> - Favorite pictures?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Zombie-process.png - that's gotta
be the best diagram ever for anything. You don't even need an
explanation.

> - Favorite anything?

I love that I can look up an obscure *anything* or *anyone* in English
Wikipedia and have a passing chance of finding at least a few
paragraphs. We appear to have achieved usefulness! (Which you could
tell from our completely silly popularity. But anyway.)

- d.