[WikiEN-l] Non-stupid WikiEN-l thread - Edition 4 I think

Erica Flynn fangaili at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 15:49:48 UTC 2006

On 12/15/06, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:

> In light of petty squabbles, I decided to bring back the non-stupid thread
> fad.
>
> - What is your favorite article on Wikipedia, and why?

Though not my favorite (not sure what that would be), I enjoy [[List of
lists of fictional
things<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_lists_of_fictional_things&redirect=no>]]
which someone renamed to just [[Lists of fictional
things<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_lists_of_fictional_things&redirect=no>]]
(a simpler name, but not nearly so amusing).

- If there was an article you'd love to see become FA, which one and why?

[[Milwaukee, Wisconsin]] or [[Michelle Kwan]]. I've worked on both --
actually it probably wouldn't be that much work to get Kwan up to FA status;
it just hasn't been done yet. I'm from Milwaukee and it would just be cool
to see that be featured.

- Favorite pictures?

[[Image:Cyanocitta-cristata-004.jpg]] , a beautiful picture of a Blue Jay.
It's my wallpaper at work, and my coworker liked it so much it's her
wallpaper now too.

- Favorite anything?

[[Category:Geek holidays]], [[Wikipedia:Unusual articles]]

--James