[WikiEN-l] Office actions

Earle Martin wikipedia at downlode.org
Fri Dec 15 13:36:43 UTC 2006

On 15/12/06, Stephen Bain <stephen.bain at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/15/06, Earle Martin <wikipedia at downlode.org> wrote:
> > On 14/12/06, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I suspect in many circumstances Danny will not be able to respond to
> > > such questions, since he doesn't want an official decision of the
> > > Foundation on record.
> >
> > I thought this project was founded on accountability.
>
> Editors are accountable for their own actions.
>
> The Foundation rightly does not want to be accountable for other
> people's actions.

I have no idea where you got the idea that I was asking the Foundation
to be responsible for other people's actions. I'll quote you again the
text (quoted above) that I was replying to:

"Danny... doesn't want an official decision of the Foundation on record."

In this case, it was an "office action", which appears to generally
equate to "putting stuff in the memory hole".

Is it Foundation policy to hide official decisions of the Foundation?
Or is it Danny policy? Either way, it appears that the management of
this project is asymptotically approaching that of the Open[sic]
Directory Project.

--
Earle Martin
            http://downlode.org/