[WikiEN-l] Completely unreasonable block and behavior by admin friends of Itaqallah to win a content dispute

Tariq Ab- Jo- Tu- tariqabjotu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 03:18:18 UTC 2006

For those keeping up on this, the checkuser results have come in (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_checkuser/Case/RunedChozo).
I will also copy the comment I made to [[WP:ANI]]:

    The results of the checkuser have come in with the conclusion being
    /possible/. Nevertheless, let me make a case for why the IP address
    in question that led to the extended block is most likely RunedChozo
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:RunedChozo&action=edit>
    (talk <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:RunedChozo> • contribs
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/RunedChozo>).
    First, note the previous request for checkuser that came back
    confirmed. The IP address from that confirmed checkuser request
    comes from Houston, Texas (see WHOIS lookup
    <http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=129.7.35.126>). Both IP
    addresses part of the more recent checkuser (the one the ended as
    only /possible/) come from Houston as well (see WHOIS lookup one
    <http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=70.114.237.14> and two
    <http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois.ch?ip=70.114.236.109>). As
    stated already, the rhetoric from RunedChozo
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:RunedChozo&action=edit>
    (talk <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:RunedChozo> • contribs
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/RunedChozo>) and
    70.114.237.14
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:70.114.237.14&action=edit>
    (talk <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:70.114.237.14> •
    contribs
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/70.114.237.14>)
    are quite similar (note the reference to the talk page being
    protected, as well as the /tool/ accusations). One editor on the
    English Wikipedia mailing list noted that 70.114.237.14
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:70.114.237.14&action=edit>
    (talk <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:70.114.237.14> •
    contribs
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/70.114.237.14>)'s
    edit times don't match up with those of RunedChozo
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:RunedChozo&action=edit>
    (talk <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:RunedChozo> • contribs
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/RunedChozo>).
    Perhaps that is correct, but it does not seem unreasonable, in my
    opinion, for someone to be editing around 11:30pm and 12:30am,
    especially if a user is angry and passionately wants to say something.

    So, it is possible that 70.114.237.14
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:70.114.237.14&action=edit>
    (talk <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:70.114.237.14> •
    contribs
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/70.114.237.14>)
    and RunedChozo
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:RunedChozo&action=edit>
    (talk <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:RunedChozo> • contribs
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/RunedChozo>) are
    just both especially anti-Muslim editors who happen to both live
    near Houston, edit similar articles, and use similar types of
    statements. However, I am convinced, without reservation, that the
    users are one and the same. -- *tariqabjotu
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tariqabjotu>* 03:08, 13 December
    2006 (UTC)

-- Tariq Ab- Jo- Tu-