[WikiEN-l] new Google Earth tie-in (!!)

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 17:44:05 UTC 2006

> On 12/11/06, Michael Noda <michael.noda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Absolutely.  But how often are they checking for new data?  Every
> > database dump?  How soon after one does the new data propogate?
>
> They are doing batch updates from dumps. .. I can find out exactly
> what their update schedule looks like.

Well, that answers an OTRS complaint I spotted last night about
vandalism in one of the enGoogled articles! Any idea how often they're
likely to update?

(On the plus side, vandalism like this shouldn't be too much of a
problem - our geotemplated articles are likely to have a smidgen more
competent attention than the average)

> In the meantime, we should do some work making our georeferencing more
> consistent. They capture many of the ways which we geocode, but not
> all of them. As someone who has tried to do stuff with out geodata
> previously, I can sympathize with the challenges Google has faced in
> this project.

Good luck...

--
- Andrew Gray