[WikiEN-l] MONGO and the ArbCom

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Dec 12 14:43:49 UTC 2006

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 06:15:08 -0700, Fred Bauder
<fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:

>He may immediately apply to be an administrator again; however, I
>think he has lost broad community support. The Arbitration Committee
>proposals are harsh, but there are serious problems with the way he
>acts. He responds poorly to harassment, and he is quite dismissive of
>his opponents with respect to content. "Nonsense" is frequently used.

I don't disagree, but one must ask whether this is cause or effect.
After many months of pretty relentless chipping away, MONGO has
reached a point where he is isolated and beleaguered.  I do not think
that his behaviour under those circumstances is necessarily
representative of his behaviour in more normal circumstances.

I'll tell you one thing: I won't be the one going after the truthers,
because they are nasty - evil, underhand and quite definitely not
above taking real-world action against those who try to undermine
their abuse of Wikipedia to further their own ends.  MONGO was braver
(and had his real-world identity better hidden).

I am far from convinced that this is a good result for the project.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:JzG