[WikiEN-l] Anne Milton (was Re: Attack blogs in WP:LIVING articles)

david at election.demon.co.uk david at election.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 11:24:36 UTC 2006

Guy Chapman writes:
>On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 05:44:17 -0500, "david at election.demon.co.uk"
><david at election.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>Now that really does annoy me. Whatever happened to "This user is a
>>Wikipedian and seeks to eschew other ideologies while building an
>>encyclopedia"?
>
>Yes, you've said that before.  But the fact remains that you are a
>party political activist editing articles on politicians, and
>frequently in a way which causes conflict with other editors, and this
>is not the first time the criticism has been levelled at you either,
>so perhaps you do have biases and are unable to discern them in your
>own writing (which would only be human, after all).

Directly contrary to your repeated claims I have not been sanctioned
for POV editing. There was no such finding in the arbitration case.
Moreover Irishpunktom eventually agreed that he and I had produced a
balanced article in the end.

What has often happened is that I have turned a mass of POV into
something more closely approximating an encyclopaedia article, and
found myself roundly criticised for it solely because the other editor
found out my political affiliation and assumed I must be biased - not
because they could impugn the merit of the edits but because "well you
must be". That was always unfair and was one of the reasons I changed
my user name and broke the link to my article.

I note that you, Guy, have made the same unsupported allegation. I also
note you now admit to being a member of a different party to me. Hmm.