[WikiEN-l] First fair use criterium

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Thu Dec 7 13:59:33 UTC 2006

On 5 Dec 2006 at 14:28, "MacGyverMagic/Mgm" <macgyvermagic at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Public buildings is a clear case, but I think the main problem lies with
> pictures of people.
> Unless you want to commit a felony and stalk them, it's pretty much
> impossible to get non-fair use images for small time actors who don't visit
> premieres or award ceremonies.

I got a couple of pictures of minor celebrities (an actor and an
author; I also got a picture of an astronaut, but he already had a
better free picture so I didn't use it) that are now in Wikimedia
Commons and in the Wikipedia articles about those persons when they
and I both attended the Mensa World Gathering earlier this year.  You
don't necessarily have to be a stalker to run into mildly-famous
people; just have a camera handy when you go to conventions and other
events of that sort.

--
== Dan ==