[WikiEN-l] Discrimination on Wikipedia

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Tue Dec 5 20:23:58 UTC 2006

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 11:50:25 -0800, "George Herbert"
<george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

>What's been banned is a certain class of commercial speech; no publisher,
>even an "open content" one, is mandated to accept all speech from anyone,
>and in particular the protections of commercial speech producers are far
>more easily legally restricted.

Further, the reason it's been banned is precisely because such speech
is generally *not* in line with the foundation's stated mission, which
is to provide a verifiably neutral free-content encyclopaedia.
Arguably we would be more at risk from that interpretation of the tax
law if we *allowed* such contributions.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk