[WikiEN-l] Introducing a new mailing list

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 5 17:30:46 UTC 2006

niht-hræfn wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2006, at 11:55, Bryan Derksen wrote:
>
>> The Cunctator wrote:
>>> Umm.... (looking desperately to change the direction of the
>>> conversation....) How about those Nazi userboxes?
>> What, are you saying I'm fat??
>>
>> (note, not actually offended on this one :)
>
> Despite the fact that you're joking, and despite the fact that I'm
> not personally offended, that is a sexist remark.

Ah, hell. It wasn't even intended to be; my local group of male friends
here in real life use the "are you saying I'm fat?" mock-offense thing
back and forth quite often between us. The joke was supposed to just be
that it was a complete non-sequitur.

Guys don't like being called fat either, you know.