[WikiEN-l] Introducing a new mailing list

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 01:33:09 UTC 2006

On 04/12/06, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> That being said, I don't think it's for us males to demand that the
> womenfolk open up their new clubhouse to us. If it is the right thing
> to do, I do believe that initiative can and will come from the group
> itself.

I don't see what's wrong with the community determining what official
clubhouses there are. I object to this divisive and discriminatory
list as a human being, not as a man. When I contribute, I do not think
of myself as a "male contributor", a "homosexual contributor", or a
"student contributor" and fail to see why any of these aspects should
deny me access to particular areas of discussion.

If the real reason for this list is the level of aggression on this
list, then make the list based upon that aspect. I'm sure there are
many non-female contributors who object to some of the aggression on
this list.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)