[WikiEN-l] overzealous image deletion?

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Mon Dec 4 20:00:54 UTC 2006

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006, Justin Cormack wrote:
> No, it has been accepted but not enforced. It has always been agreed
> that
> we dont accept fair use images when we can have free ones.

But "can have" is, I think, being interpreted in a way which is far from
universally accepted.  Was it really intended all along that we "can have"
a free image when all that that means is that someone, somewhere, could
track down a person and take a photograph under a free license, regardless
of how hard the person is to track down or how much stalking one would have
to do to get the photograph?