[WikiEN-l] editorial judgment and process (was Re: Defamation policy hypothetical)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 09:44:31 UTC 2006

On 8/21/06, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see the problem in *theory* but not in *practice*. In practice there
> are very few disputes over consensus. The people who close these
> discussions tend to be clueful and have been around a while. They're
> not just random people - they deserve some respect.

There are few dissputes over consensus these days because generaly it
is defined. Or do you want to see what would happen if a buracrat
passed an admin at 69% or failed them at 81%?

> When your friend says "hey I asked around and everyone wants to go
> bowling", do you say "what do you mean, 'everyone'? Did you get at
> least 75%?" No, you accept that they're not out to screw you over, and
> a good result will be achieved...
>
> Steve

Except of course in this case I know what the percentage is and the
arguments used and in theory at least I am in a position to draw my
own judgement.

--
geni