[WikiEN-l] "should not be written by an interested party"

Peter Jacobi peter_jacobi at gmx.net
Sat Apr 29 22:47:20 UTC 2006

I'm aware that policy isn't made in press interviews, even by Jimbo.

But this starts getting quoted on talk pages:

"Wales said entries have to meet a standard of newsworthiness and, as a
general rule, should not be written by an interested party — either a
supporter or an opponent."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12535412/from/RS.2/

If didn't get this wrong, until now even interested parties
are welcome, as long as they aim for NPOV -- with the notable
exception of the autobiography clause.

And where does "interested party" start?

There are even topics so obscure ([[New Kadampa Tradition]] comes
to my mind), that only vocal opponents and vocal proponents
contribute. Should they already be considered "interested
parties"? Shall we hope, that they will battle it out so that the
result is NPOV?

Regards,
Peter
[[User:Pjacobi]]