[WikiEN-l] Please participate in my survey

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sat Apr 29 08:11:02 UTC 2006

NSLE (Wikipedia) wrote:
> Done. Too bad there's zero chance of most non-Northeastern US Wikipedians
> making the conference.

It is a certainty that most Wikipedians will not make any conference anywhere at
any time.

This is the case of any conference or convention; each event will actually be
visited by only a small subset of the potential target audience. This will
include a higher proportion of people who are physically close to the event (for
whom travel is easier). For migratory events like Wikimania, this means each
event in the series will draw a demographically different population each time,
'stirring up the pot'.

I'm not sure why you think this is "too bad", can you explain?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)