[WikiEN-l] CNN: Campaign manager resigns amid Wikipedia flap

David Boothroyd david at election.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 21:21:35 UTC 2006

"Michael Lindeen" <wikikitty at gmail.com> writes:
>On 4/27/06, Pete Bartlett <pcb21 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>  The campaign manager of a candidate in the Georgia (*)
>>  gubernatorial election has resigned after someone in his
>>  office changed the bio of her opponent.
>>
>>  Full story at:
>  > http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/26/cox.wikipedia/
>>
>>  Another reminder to us and our fellow editors of the huge
>  > responsibilty we all bear these days to edit well.
>
>Yes. And as we get larger and more prominent, this will become more
>common, not less.

I'm suffering from the opposite problem right now, as an elected
local councillor (up for re-election in a week's time incidentally).
Because I have a biographical article, editors that dislike my edits
have been known to draw attention to it and assume that my editing
must be biased. Worse, some have recently taken to directly
threatening to make a political issue of it.

I don't expect this actually to happen soon, but it seems to me that
it's a form of harassment and a personal attack.

[[en:User:Dbiv]]
--
David Boothroyd - http://www.election.demon.co.uk
david at election.demon.co.uk (home)