[WikiEN-l] Blocked by Administrator (abuse of power)

cwarner cwarner at kernelcode.com
Sun Apr 23 14:13:52 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 13:08 +0100, geni wrote:
> On 4/23/06, cwarner <cwarner at kernelcode.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure this is true anymore. I'm banned based on the 3RR rule
> > except the fact is that an Administrator disregarded other rules in
> > order to do so. It's easy for me though, I simply no longer need to
> > participate on Wikipedia and will make sure others know of my experience
> > by pointing them to the relevant links.
>
> The only exection to the 3RR is correcting vandalism.

Please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Lou_Dobbs

Please be sure to read the timestamps on the signatures as well. Some of
the comments made by editors such as "Wizardy Dragon" have been
succinctly placed in the discussion.

As it stands, i'm going to have to agree with others and from the emails
I've received at least the behavior exhibited agrees with their
positions that Wikipedia is a no longer a place people like me should
participate. Eventually i'll compile a list of links of why I no longer
will participate or recommend Wikipedia to others in the future.

I've been thanking all the persons who have helped thus far and thanks
to them here in public fashion, again.

-c