[WikiEN-l] Indefinite block and desysopping by User:Danny

Matt R matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 11:08:57 UTC 2006

Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com>:
> On 4/20/06, Matt R <matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Kelly Martin <kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com>:
> > > That does not excuse reversion without discussion.  Even taking as an
> > > assumption that Danny had been acting on his own behalf, Erik's
> > > actions could easily have been the start of a wheel war, and were
> > > inappropriate by any reasonable standard.
> >
> > Yet, equally, that does not excuse the indefinite blocking of a Wikipedian in
> > good-standing.
>
> Except he wasn't an Wikipedian in good standing; he had attempted to
> start a wheel war.

What you are arguing is untenable. Even if we agree with your interpretation
that Erik was starting a wheel-war, an indefinite block was not an appropriate
reaction by any reasonable standard (to use your phrase). We kick people off
the project in a limited set of circumstances: when it's clear that they are hindering
us more than they are helping us. Danny, for all the good work that he no doubt
does, did the wrong thing here. For him to acknowledge this in a public forum would
be reassuring.

-- Matt
[[User:Matt Crypto]]