[WikiEN-l] Georgia/Victoria

David Boothroyd david at election.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 13 19:49:51 UTC 2006

Alphax writes:
>Steve Bennett wrote:
>  > On 4/13/06, Alphax (Wikipedia email) < alphasigmax at gmail.com > wrote:
>  >
>  >> Without even looking, I'd suggest something like:
>  >>
>  >> * [[Queen Victoria]]
>  >> * [[Victoria, Australia]]
>  >> ** Stuff relating to Victoria, Australia
>  >> * [[Victoria, British Columbia]]
>  >> * Stuff relating to Victoria, British Columbia
>  >
>  >Have a look now.
>
>Nice work. I've added {{disambig}} to the top as well, since (somewhere,
>probably [[Wikipedia:Disambiguation]]) says that you can do so for
>really long disambiguation pages.

A few months ago, musing on the conjunction between Sven-Goran Eriksson
and Sven the scorer on "I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue", I noticed there
wasn't a page for [[Sven]]. Using Special:Allpages to identify the page
produced a very long disambiguation page which included all the people
called Sven on which there was an article. A brief introduction simply
stated that Sven was an old German first name.

Other editors subsequently sorted them by field, and then Uncle G
removed the 'disambiguation' notice on the grounds that the names were
not really ambiguous, which is (as usual for Uncle G) quite correct.
--
David Boothroyd - http://www.election.demon.co.uk
david at election.demon.co.uk (home)