[WikiEN-l] Request for second opinion templates

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 12:45:18 UTC 2006

Hi all,
  Are there any "request for second opinion" templates? There are many
times where I come across an article that smells fishy to me. However,
I'm not certain. All the processes like AfD, Prod etc presume that you
are personally sponsoring the destruction of the page. But at times
I'd simply like to add the page (with a minimum of effort) to some
list where smart people can be alerted to possible dodginess.

Ideally for me, such a template would simply add a template, with no
big ugly banner, again on the basis that I could be wrong.

The kinds of things that I might like to flag an article with:
- "smells like copyright violation"
- possible hoax
- contribution from user with history of bad edits
- unsourced change of a figure (eg, adjusting a city's population, a
number of awards won by someone, but not explaining the source for the
new figure)

I suppose what particularly concerns me is that some tags, like
cleanup, are really ugly and a bit of a slap in the face to
contributors to the article.

Any ideas?

Steve