[WikiEN-l] Georgia/Victoria

Pete Bartlett pcb21 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 11 07:35:12 UTC 2006

Mark Gallagher wrote:

>Just ask yourself: if Georgia (US state) was not, in
>fact, a US state,
>but an Australian state, or a British county, or ...
>whatever ... would
>we have had all those arguments?  I suspect it would
>indeed have been
>"obvious beyond words" if the grand ol' US of A
wasn't >involved.

To back up Mark's point with a concrete example,
[[Victoria]] has had no controversy, despite the
Australian state getting far less prominence on that
page than it deserves.

Always amazed by how much energy this particular
debate consumes though. Who really cares about
primacy, the other page is only a click away....

Pcb21