[WikiEN-l] Why voting *is* evil

Philip Welch wikipedia at philwelch.net
Wed Apr 12 08:56:31 UTC 2006

On Apr 11, 2006, at 11:31 PM, Molu Bosu Palit wrote:

> Still, it's true that a large (possibly majority) portion of
> WIkipedia users are American. SO the question we need to ask is, is
> this Systemic Bias desirable? Should WIkipedia cater to the tastes
> of its majority of users or to the majority of its potential users?

Systematic bias is not at issue here. Systematic bias is the tendency
to fail at NPOV or comprehensiveness due to the knowledge set of our
contributors. This is not a content issue--this is an organizational
issue. Issue should be organized for the greatest convenience for the
greatest number of consumers.

--
Philip L. Welch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Philwelch