[WikiEN-l] Application of the {{pd-art}} tag

Fastfission fastfission at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 02:33:18 UTC 2006

Pretty much. But if scanning things gives you a copyright claim, that's the
way it would work. This is one of the reasons I have little respect for
archivists/museums who are afraid of losing revenue because of this; the
alternative implications for copyright law and cultural material are
absolutely bonkers and positively short-sighted. It's not my problem that
their past revenue models were based on bad legal models.

But fortunately there's nothing in US precedent to make us think it is going
in that direction.

FF