[WikiEN-l] Real-time mirrors as a net revenue _source_?

Steve Bennett stevage at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 19:29:41 UTC 2006

On 4/9/06, Neil Harris <neil at tonal.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> However; why not turn this on its head, and offer a real-time, or
> near-real-time, Wikipedia feed service to paid-up subscribers?

It sounds good to me, but would only work if we could add sufficient
value to that feed to make it worth buying instead of stealing
(inasmuch as scraping our pages is stealing). Cleaning up the feed
(could we supply raw XML?), filtering (oh wait, we don't content-tag
our pages :)) and hiding red-links would certainly be ways of doing
that...

Steve