[WikiEN-l] Deleting the Lolicon picture

Tony Sidaway f.crdfa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 14:16:15 UTC 2006

On 4/7/06, BJörn Lindqvist <bjourne at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would you please mind telling a curious reader how this image either
> is harmful to Wikipedia or has the potential to harm Wikipedia?

I suspect that the attitude demonstrated by that question is pretty
much the reason why the image deletion process is broken in this
instance, and why someone had to work up the guts to delete it in the
end.

The picture showed a child being sexually abused, presented in a
manner intended to sexually titillate the viewer, and you ask how this
could have the potential to harm Wikipedia.