[WikiEN-l] Deleting the Lolicon picture

Katefan0 katefan0wiki at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 22:30:44 UTC 2006

I feel like we're repeating the McCarthy era, only instead of
Communists, this time it's pedophiles.  Where exactly are these alleged
pedophiles?  I've heard a lot of accusations of pedophilia being thrown
about (even by Jimbo, which is most unfortunate), but I haven't really
seen any actual evidence of pedophilia, just people pointing at the
anti-censorship types and yelling "PEDOPHILES!!"  Do you have any
specific evidence of pedophiles trying to co-opt Wikipedia for "mass
grooming" or whatever?

I never said anybody is trying to coopt Wikipedia for mass grooming; that
was someone else.  What I said is that there are people with agendas on
Wikipedia.  By that I mean painting the "childlove movement" in the most
flattering, least-critical light possible.  And neutral editors would be
most welcome to participate in the current wars on these types of articles.